Skincare trends, they come and go. But one so-called ‘fad’ that’s made the successful leap to ‘fail-safe favourite’ is the facial roller. You’ve seen these miracle workers on Instagram—glossy crystal tools that glide across one’s face like butter, sculpting, soothing and seruming to perfection. The reason rollers have caught on across the world isn’t just because they’re satisfying to use (which, we have to admit, they really are), but also because they’re said to greatly benefit skin quality. Rose quartz rollers, in particular, help in lymphatic drainage. They also lift and tone your muscles, reduce puffiness, increase blood circulation and promote hydration... just a few of the reasons why our in-house curators have now added Cinnamon Soul’s rose quartz facial rollers to aanswr.com.But before you make the investment with a roller kit of your own, make sure you know what you’re doing. Here’s a list of hacks to help you ensure you’re using your new skincare superstar correctly for maximum impact.
- Start clean: Whether you’re using your roller as is or with a serum, always cleanse your face before you use one.
- Find your perfect match: Ready to get rolling? This facial tool works best with a nourishing serum or oil, packing its goodness into your skin one swipe at a time. We recommend using your roller with Cinnamon Soul’s Super Seed Face Elixir, which contains seabuckthorn, milk thistle and broccoli seed oil.
- Upwards and onwards: Always use your facial rollers in upward strokes. Keeping the pressure steady and gentle, start with your neck as you make your way up to your jawline, cheekbones and forehead. While the wide roller works great for cheeks, the narrow version at the opposite end is ideal for delicate corners.
- Prep for next time: Before you end your skincare routine, make sure to clean your rose quartz roller so you’re all set for your next use. A quick wipe with a wet napkin should do it.
- Get ready to chill: While most people prefer to use them as part of a nightly routine, rollers also work as a great morning pick-me-up. Just stash yours in the fridge overnight and get going for the freshest results.